Nothing says Italy like the colours and flavours found in perfect combination in the Gourmet Vegies Chef’s Combo Italian Classics.
8 slices Italian-style bread
200g Tomato Tumbling Red, halved
2/3 cup fresh Basil Sweet leaves, shredded
2/3 cup fresh Parsley Italian, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 cup Australian extra virgin olive oil (see notes)
1 bunch English spinach, trimmed
- Preheat grill on medium. Place bread slices in a single layer on a large baking tray.
- Grill for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from grill
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Combine the tomato, basil, parsley, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium bowl (see notes).
- Add garlic to tomato mixture. Stir to combine. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to pan over high heat. Cook for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Top warm bread with hot spinach, then tomato mixture. Serve immediately
- Notes – Australian extra virgin olive oil is cold pressed so it retains all of its nutrients and has a fresh taste. If you have time, stand the tomato mixture at room temperature for 1 hour so the flavours really develop.
Download Recipe PDF here