Nothing beats roasted vegetables, especially when they are seasoned with herbs from The Perfect Roast Gourmet Vegies Chef’s Combo range.
1 medium Sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
3 Potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 large zucchini, halved, thinly sliced
1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 yellow capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
250g cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup couscous or quinoa, rinsed
1 teaspoon Sage
1 teaspoon Rosemary
1 teaspoon Thyme
150g English spinach
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Lightly grease a large baking tray. Place sweet potato, parsnips, potatoes, zucchini, onion, capsicum, tomatoes and garlic onprepared tray. Drizzle with oil and herbs. Toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from oven.
- Quinoa option –
- Bring 2 cups cold water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add quinoa. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Couscous option
- Boil the kettle, put 1 cup of couscous in a heatproof bowl, add 1 cup of boiling water, stir, cover with a lid or foil and leave to stand. Five minutes later, add a splash of oil, turn over with a fork to separate the grains and season to taste.
- Place quinoa/couscous in a large bowl. Add roasted vegetable mixture and spinach. Toss gently to combine. Drizzle salad with vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve.
Download recipe PDF here