It’s a fact of life, “fresh is best”. There is simply no better way of having fresher vegetables packed with nutrients and fibre, than harvesting them right from your very own garden. Pohlmans Gourmet Vegetables® Spinach Baby Leaf produces green leaves with a white stem that can be used fresh or cooked. This spinach can last up to 2 years if picked regularly. Smaller immature leaves have a milder flavour. Pick leaves regularly, otherwise they will become large and bitter, and the plant will begin flowering, therefore shortening its lifespan.
Care: Ideally, plant into a garden bed which is fertile, enriched in organic matter, and well drained. Mulching is recommended to help conserve water.
Plant Apart: 30cm
Location: Full Sun
Harvest Time: 8-10 weeks
Health benefits of Spinach baby:
– Highest vitamin rich vegetable of all. Includes – folate, Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, K. Also high in iron
– Low fat content. Lowers cholesterol which reduces heart attacks and strokes
– Anti-cancerous properties
– different vitamins, anti-oxidants and minerals act to treat and protect from various kinds of cancer including bladder, prostrate, liver and lung.
– Blood pressure – reduces hypertension, relaxes blood vessels and maintains blood flow.
Strengthens muscles – anti-oxidants assist in strengthening heart muscles and assist in treating cardiovascular diseases.