Strawberries and cream – what a divine combination, especially with 3 strawberry varieties from our Strawberries Galore range!
1 1/3 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
90g butter, chilled, chopped
250g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 cup icing sugar
500g Sweetie, Pinkie and Blondie strawberries, hulled
1/4 cup strawberry jam, warmed
- To make the pastry, process flour, caster sugar and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg. Process until pastry just comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Press into a 10cm (diameter) disc. Wrap in greaseproof paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place a baking tray into oven. Preheat oven and tray to 200°C. Roll out pastry on a floured surface to a 5mm-thick round. Line a 3cm deep, 19cm (base) loose-based tart pan with pastry. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with raw rice. Place onto hot baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light golden. Remove baking paper and rice. Bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until pastry case is light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, yoghurt, icing sugar until smooth. Spread mixture in cold pastry case. Top with strawberries hull side down, alternating colours around the tart. Brush with warm jam. Cover. Refrigerate overnight. Serve.
Download recipe PDF here