Ward off colds, coughs and nasty germs with a healing, nourishing pumpkin soup – even better when it’s made fresh with Pohlmans vegies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 500g Pohlmans Sebago potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Pohlmans Hidden Valley Chives
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for three minutes or until onion has softened. Add the pumpkin and potato, cook for five minutes, stirring as you go.
- Add stock to the saucepan and season with pepper. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending in batches until smooth. Then, return to pan over a low heat. Add sour cream and chives, cook gently for another 2 minutes then serve.
Recipe credit: taste.com.au