It’s a fact of life, “fresh is best”. There is simply no better way of having fresher vegetables packed with nutrients and fibre, than harvesting them right from your very own garden. Pohlmans Gourmet Vegetables® Eggplant Little Fingers is an unusual Oriental type that is spineless, robust and highly productive. Bearing slender 12-20 cm long and 2-5 cm wide ebony purple fruit in clusters of 3-6. The fruit are tender with a delicate, mildly sweet flavour. The flesh has a silky texture and only a few seeds. Use eggplant in Indian cuisine, lasagne, moussaka, or cut and fry.
Care: Ideally, plant into a garden bed which is fertile, enriched in organic matter, and well drained. Mulching is recommended to help conserve water.
Height: 45- 60 cm
Plant Apart: 45- 60 cm
Location: Full Sun
Harvest Time: 60- 65 days
Health Benefits of Eggplant:
– High in Vitamin C & B1, potassium, proteins and antioxidants.
– High fibre content, low in calories which assist the digestive process.
– Works highly against coronary heart disease by lowering cholesterol and improving blood flow.
– Anticancer, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties, antibacterial diurectic effects.
– High in potassium which assists in regulating blood pressure.