You’ve never seen avocado served like this before!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups of Gourmet Vegies Cherry Tomato mix, quartered
- 2 lemons
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ tablespoon Hidden Valley Parsley
- ½ tablespoon Hidden Valley Thyme
- ½ tablespoon Hidden Valley Lemon Thyme
- ½ tablespoon Hidden Valley Basil
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt and cracked pepper
- Halve the avocados and lemons. Drizzle both with a little olive oil.
- Place the halved avocados and lemons face down on a hot grill plate. Grill until chargrill marks have been achieved.
- Place the pine nuts into a small fry pan on low heat, continuously tossing to ensure the nuts don’t burn. Once a nice golden colour has been achieved, remove the pan from the heat.
- Pick your garden fresh Hidden Valley Parsley, Thyme, Lemon Thyme and Basil. Lightly rinse, curl the herbs together into a tight bunch and chop finely.
- Halve or quarter the Gourmet Vegies Cherry Tomatoes.
- Combine the herbs and cherry tomatoes in a bowl, with the olive oil and seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Place the grilled avocados and lemons face side up on a serving plate. Top with the herb and tomato mixture and a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts.
- Squeeze the juices of the caramelised lemons onto the avocados to serve.