It’s so easy to preserve your own grown vegetables either to share when entertaining or give away as gifts.
- 2kg Gourmet Vegies Supa Vege Tomatoes, scored
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 700g granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pectin (if not thickening)
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Place scored tomatoes into boiling water. Once blanched, remove from the heat and rinse under cold water to remove the skin from the Gourmet Vegies Supa Vege Tomatoes.
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, sauté onions until caramelised.
- Add skinless tomatoes, brown vinegar, mustard powder, curry powder, grated ginger and enough white sugar to cover the mixture.
- Bring mixture to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Add pectin to the pickle if it is not thickening.
- Place the thickened mixture into sterilised jars.
- To complete the preserve process, bring a large saucepan 3/4 full of water to the boil. Place the pickle filled jars into the boiling water. Wait to hear the pop of the jar.