These individual pot pies look great and taste amazing.
- 1.5kg lamb shoulder, cubed
- 2 Gourmet Vegies Supa Vege Purple Carrots
- 1 leek, washed and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 litre beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 400g pureed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup Gourmet Vegies Peas
- ½ cup Hidden Valley Mint, chopped
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- olive oil
- pinch of salt and cracked pepper
- Place large casserole dish on medium heat. Drizzle liberally with olive oil.
- Once oil is hot add leek, Gourmet Vegies Supa Vege Carrots and garlic. Frying until fragrant.
- Add lamb cubes, browning.
- Add beef stock, red wine, pureed tomatoes, a bay leaf and season mixture well with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours, stirring every half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the Gourmet Vegies Peas and Hidden Vallery Mint to the lamb mixture, stirring to combine.
- Place lamb mixture into ramekins, leaving a centimetre from the rim.
- Using a spare ramekin as a guide, cut out puff pastry leaving enough for an overhang.
- Top the mixture filled ramekins with pastry, brushing lightly with an egg wash.
- Place ramekin onto a baking tray, and into the oven. Baking for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.