Impress your friends with these exotic recipes.
Cold Taiwanese eggplant
- 4 Gourmet Vegies Supa Vege Little Finger Eggplants, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped red chilli, deseeded if you desire
- Place saucepan on high heat, bring water to the boil and placing steamer atop.
- Chop little Gourmet Vegies Supa Vege Little Finger Eggplants into 3 cm segments. Place into steamer.
- In a bowl mix together soy sauce, cold water, black vinegar, chopped Hidden Valley Coriander, minced garlic and chopped red chilli.
- Once eggplants are tender, transfer to a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Allow to cool, serve chilled.
Chicken Chow Mein
- chicken breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- ½ cup Gourmet Vegies Purple Carrots, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 200g water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 jalapeno, or 1/3 cup jarred jalapenos, chopped
- 50g alfalfa sprouts
- ½ cup Hidden Valley Coriander, chopped
- 8 crisp leaves from Pohlmans Quick Start Iceberg Lettuce
- Place wok on high heat, add vegetable oil and chicken pieces. Fry for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Set chicken pieces aside.
- Place rice wine vinegar, sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, mirin, vegetable oil and brown sugar into a jar (or bowl) and shake to emulsify.
- Pour mixture over chicken pieces, cover and refrigerate to marinate.
- Wipe the wok out quickly with some paper towel. Add remaining vegetable oil.
- Add ginger to hot wok, fry off until fragrant.
- Add the Gourmet Vegies Purple Carrots, red capsicum, spring onions, red onion, sprouts, water chestnuts, jalapeno and Hidden Valley Coriander leaves. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken mixture to wok, reheating and coating the vegetables with the marinade.
- Serve inside crispy Quick Start Iceberg Lettuce leaves.