Juicy strawberries, fresh parsley and chewy bulgur wheat topped with flowers – a perfect combination from the Gourmet Vegies Chef’s Combo range
1/2 cup bulgur wheat
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice + 1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1 1/2 cups finely chopped Parsley Afro (feel free to adjust to taste)
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and medium-diced
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 handful Viola flowers
- Soak the bulgur. Place in a small bowl and pour in boiling water, then put aside to soak for about 20 minutes or until softened but still chewy.
- Whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in dressing and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning. Cover and refrigerate. The flavour will improve over time.
- Decorate with more strawberries and Violas before serving
Download recipe PDF here